Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Woodlands Garage Sale & Girls Night Out



I guess I must have an addiction to sales. I've been up since about 4am thinking about the biggest garage sale this side of Texas. Every year The Woodlands allows their residence to purchase a booth in the parking garage next to the theater and sell their junk. Well, it's huge and starts at 7 am this morning. The thing is that I have kids in bed and just can't make myself wake them up. We had ladies night out last night and so they went to bed real late. I am a huge proponent of children getting all the sleep they need and have decided to skip the garage sale and let them sleep (the girls are NOT nappers so the option of them taking a nap later is out the window). I am just trying to think of all the money I saved by not going, right? Although I had planned on buying Ethans birthday and Christmas (he doesn't know the toys are used). Oh well, let it go Laura.

I had the best time last night with my lady friends. We went to PF Changs by the mall...which was so in another category from what I am use to (fast food, Chilis, places where you can't make a reservation). The food was absolutely fabulous and so was the company. Everyone made it but Sonia and Christina. There were times I really belly laughed (thanks to Lisa Jones- she is so dad gum funny sometimes). After we ate we went across the street to Borders and had decaf mocha and broused....I found several books I wanted, but left with nothing. I had such a good time. It felt good to get out with just the baby (a very rare event). I felt free, young and "normal". I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: