


Ethan took a late nap today and was asleep while Kate was napping. The girls werent home from school yet and housework and errands were done. So, I sat to watch about 15 minutes of TV and chose to watch yesterdays Oprah (I love DVR). It was about a woman who left her small child in the hot car for 8 long hours. The child died. Moral of the story...SLOW DOWN! A guest she had via telecom commented that the husbands should be doing 50% of the stuff that is required to raise children and so the moms shouldnt be getting overwhelmed. Well, I dont have one at home and felt sorry for myself for a minute, but then I started thinking about how I could slow down at the busiest time....dinner time! A great idea came to me when the girls got home from gymnastics and asked to be intertained by me while I was cooking....they needed to entertain their little brother. Ofcourse they whined, but I let them know that if they didnt, then I wouldnt do anything with them when their dad has Ethan tomorrow night. They popped into action. They are outside playing!!! We'll see how long that lasts. The main idea is that I don't have to do it all. The girls are part of a big family and taking care of younger siblings comes with the territory. I know, I have a brother 12 years younger than me and was considered a "built in baby sitter".
No comments:
Post a Comment