Sunday, October 5, 2008

Twin Switcheroo





Drew spent the night with my mother (Gigi) on Friday night and McKenna spent the night with me. I RARELY have them seperate, so this was a treat! McKenna picked to eat dinner at Ponchos (I didnt get food poisoning...yeah!). She loves raising the flag and asked for things seperately just to have another turn at raising the flag (poor waiter). We took a long hot bath (which she hated...she likes cold baths...oops) and then watched the finale of AGT (Amer. Got Talent). She slept in bed with me and crashed at about 10 pm. In the morning we had coffee together and we painted. We played two games of checkers. We got dressed and went to the local donut shop for breakfast. Then we hit 2 garage sales and then went to Walmart to buy a birthday gift for her friend Lauren. We picked Drew up at Gigi's and went to the party. It was a "rock star make-over party" and all of M&D's friends were there (and coincidently mine!) It was a blast!

After the party I delivered McKenna to Gigi and Drew and I went to dinner at a pick of her choice...The Olive Garden (Thank you Jesus!) It was homecoming in town and we had to wait awhile, but we got seated within 20 minutes. We sat and talked and she took small sips of my wine. We went home and took a hot bath (which she LOVED) and then we watched the finale of AGT (notice the similarity of the evenings- I have to do it this way.....6 year olds are concerned about fairness). Then we crashed out at about 10 pm.

This morning Drew and I had coffee and painted. She wanted to write a letter to Grandma Penny so I thought I'd let her establish her own email account (a sign of the times). Then we got dressed, went to the local donut shop for breakfast and then went to church. She went to the "big church" with mom instead of going to the kids church. After church we got McKenna back and then Rob and Ethan met us at the house.

What a great weekend!

No comments: