
Again, I'm so sore, worse than yesterday! I wasn't going to blog this morning, but I really can't do much of anything until this vicodin kicks in. My fingers aren't that sore so I guess I can type (he,he).
I wish I was one of my girls sometimes. They really have a good life mostly. They have enough toys to entertain an entire tribe of adolescence and are very active in clubs and activities. On Tuesdays they have girlscouts; they are daisy's. They go to school with and are best friends with all of the girls in thier troop. On Wednesdays we go to the church and have dinner. After that the girls have Awanas (with three of their friends). On Thursday the girls have gymnastics (with two of their friends). On Friday their dad has Ethan and so it's girl night. We usually go out to eat and watch a movie all cuddled in my bed.
But, it goes to show you that sometimes you can give a child the world and all they really want is YOU. Last night as I finished their bedtime book reading, Drew said that she feels like she doesn't get to spend any time with me and asked to do something together after school tomorrow (today). I told her that she has gymnastics (which they love). She said that she would rather stay home with me and just lay in bed and watch T.V. until late morning. Isn't that funny. This is something we do only on Saturday mornings.
Life gets so busy and hectic with school and other activities. It's so difficult to please everyone. Ethan is really a lot of work at 22 months old. He is literally half of my work. It's frustrating to try to keep up with housework (cleaning, cooking, laundry), do errands (grocery store, resale shops, etc.), take kids to activities (all above), and be attentive to all four. There is no time for me! I'm not complaining, just feeling inadequate that I can't do it all. I want so badly to have four well balanced, kind, loving, confident, responsible, respectful, thankful, outgoing, smart, christian, healthy, children who have good moral and values in the end. I just pray that I'm doing all that's necessary to raise them well. That is my goal in life...to be the best at parenting. I'm sure I fail in some way everyday. I'm not perfect. I have lost my patience and got too busy to slow down and enjoy them. But, I start over everyday trying to be the best.
Okay, I feel less pain at this point, so I'll put in a load of laundry. Gotta go!
No comments:
Post a Comment