

Today was busy busy busy, but so is everyday. How did I get everything done when I was a working mom (girls were 4 1/2 and I was 10 weeks prego with Ethan when I left my teaching job to become an at home mommy)?? I remember when I was considering staying at home; I thought, "What am I going to do all day? Play with the kids?" He, he, now I know. Now the question is, "How am I going to get it all done when I go back to work?" So, I'll just describe the details of today, a typical one, so that I can remember how it all was.
Ethan got up at 5:15 am. I fixed him and the twins their Carnation instant breakfast (choc milk). I fixed some coffee. While he was watching Barney, I balanced my checkbook and did some paperwork (filed, organized bills etc.). Then I made the days list. I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Ethan's video ended, I took him upstairs to get him dressed and wake the twins up. Kate woke up. I fed her while Ethan played in the living room. I went upstairs to get Kate's clothes and gathered my first load of laundry for the day. I put clothes on Kate, loaded the washer. I got the girls their choc milk, packed their lunches and loaded the kids into the car. I dropped the girls off at school. I went back home and made Ethan some waffles and sausage. While he ate and Kate squirmed in the playpen. I unclogged the 1/2 bath toilet (apparently clogged with paper towel), straightened the living room, then vacuumed the downstairs. I put some more laundry in to wash. Ethan was finished with his breakfast and by this time, and Kate was hungry again. I fed her. I made myself a bowl of oatmeal. I loaded the kids into the car drove to the city building (while eating my oatmeal) and dropped off a report on my irrigation system the city had requested. I took Ethan to Playtime then Kate and I went to Walmart. We picked up 2 boxes of contacts I had ordered, bought Aunt Katie's 29th birthday present (sweatsuit workout coverup), got 3 boxes of Capri Suns for Drew's class, and exchanged the curtains I got for a different color. We left and then went to baby Kate's 2 month doctors appointment. She is in the 90% percentile for weight and height and 25% in head circumference (she has a peanut head). She got 3 shots. We left and went to the bank. Then we went to pick up Ethan from Playtime. We went home and I fixed Ethan a snack. I gave Kate some Tylenol. It was 11:00 am and I am almost certain that it is still 2 hours before my little brother, Brett 24, gets up.
I won't go on....I'm boring myself. I can assure you that my day usually goes on like this...serving children, doing errands, cleaning house. I just hope that I slow down enough to enjoy the kids. Yesterday evening I made sure I did. We left the dishes on the table after dinner and we ALL went for a bike ride (Kate in car seat inside bike trailer and Ethan in bike seat). We rode around the neighborhood. The girls were beaming and Ethan was singing and I didn't hear a peep out of baby Kate. They loved it. I didn't even think about the food on the table, or the dishes, or the mess on the floor. I really just enjoyed having all for of mine on a bike ride with me. I was kind of proud of myself....I got all 4 out on a bike ride! It was great!
No comments:
Post a Comment